Sunday, April 18, 2010

April

Oh how they have grown...

Jack and I recently took the babies to the doctor for their scheduled well visits.  It was insane taking 2 toddlers and an infant to the doctor all at the same time but we did it.  We left a bit frazzled but everyone was healthy and happiness would soon return.

Campbell and Cooper are 18 months old and getting more curious each day.
Campbell weighs 26 pounds and is 31 1/2 inches long.  This puts him in the 50th percentile for both weight and height.  He is a chunk.  He is like a bulldozer around the house.  Nothing stands in his way. 
Every morning he wakes up in a great mood.  He lays in bed making noises and babbling to himself until Cooper wakes up.  It's funny to listen to him call for Cooper to see if he is awake yet.  He has a talent for making funny noises.  He likes to dance and his favorite thing to do now is blowing raspberries (this is a nice way of saying he makes fart sounds).  If Cooper's belly is not available he walks around blowing on the back of his hand. 
Cooper weighs 23 pounds and is 32 inches long which puts him in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height.  He is long and lean.  Cooper wakes up grouchy and we have to snuggle him into a good mood. (I think he gets the morning grouchies from his father! If you ask Jack he will say it's from his mother!)  He is our thinker.  He likes to figure things out and see how they work.  Campbell often tackles him and snatches whatever toy Cooper is playing with.  My smart little man has figured out that he can sometimes distract his brother by handing him another toy.  Cooper loves to talk.  He will repeat almost anything we ask.  (This will probably be a bad thing in the not to distant future when he starts repeating the words we don't want him to!)  Sometimes I swear he speaks Vietnamese (Jack says it's Dutch).  He talks all day long.  When we ask Campbell to say something he usually lets Cooper say it for him.
Both boys love music and dancing.  Their favorite show is Jack's Big Music Show on Nick Jr.  They run to the TV when it comes on.  This is one kid show that does not drive me crazy.  Mothers know what I'm talking about...  "Barney" is the worst and "Yo Gabba Gabba is a close second.  When they dance Campbell does this funny booty dance while waving his arms around Tai Chi style.  Cooper does some fancy footwork while his upper body does the one armed chicken dance!  My aunt Nay Nay gave them a stuffed Gorilla that sings "Wild Thing" and it always gets them dancing.  It never gets old and they are always willing to put on a show for guests.
They are sooooo mischievous and what one doesn't figure out... the other one will.  I baby proofed my house when they started crawling (or so I thought).  Since then my living room has been redecorated, or undecorated, by the boys.  When they started standing I had to remove a few decorations and pictures.  When they started walking I had to completely clear all counters and table tops within their reach.  Now that they are climbing I have had to remove a couch back table and we are down to a couple of couches and a side table with my one remaining lamp.  I refuse to get rid on the lamp at this point but I may lose that battle too.  They like to climb on the back of the couch and are getting dangerously close to wall decorations now.  I have always thought that a child should be taught not to touch things rather than having to remove it all.  That was before twins.  They work together to get into things.  Oh... and the outlet covers.... the little plastic inserts that are supposed to protect curious little ones.... Campbell brings them to me all the time.  I have tried the only 2 types that I can find and neither one can stop him. 
I don't want to give the wrong impression.  They are both very good boys.  They have great personalities and are very sweet.  They are just extremely active and inquisitive!  This is such a fun age.  Every time I think it can't get any better it does!

Finley is 2 months old and is a big boy!
He weighs 14.1 pounds and is 24 1/8th inches long.  He is in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th for height.  He is wearing outfits that the twins wore at 4 months.  It won't take him long to catch up with his brothers. 
He is a really good baby.  He wants to be in the middle of all of the action.  He is a little piglet when it comes to eating and he will sleep for one 4-5 hour stretch a night.  After that I just feed him and he goes back to sleep for another few hours.  He sleeps great while he is snuggled up close to me.  This is a bad habit that I know I will have to break soon but I am going to enjoy it while I can.  He will be in his own bed & in his own room all too soon. 
Finley is finding his voice more and more everyday.  He giggled for the first time this week too.  He loves to coo and smile.  When he smiles he has two big dimples in his chubby cheeks.  Soooo cute!

School is almost out for Alex and Jack.  Tennis season is over for Alex and Jack is coming to the end of his High School baseball season.  He will continue playing on a select team.  Baseball season will never end if his Daddy can help it!  Jack is going to kill me but I have to talk about it... He had to shave for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  I can't believe it.   Alex is about to be behind the wheel of a car and Jack is shaving.  Ergh.   It makes me want to go back to the days when they were playing with cars and blocks.  It all happens too fast.  Now instead of listening to their sweet little voices talk about toys and cartoons I hear their manly voices talking about girls and sports.

I will be going back to work on May 3rd.  I have really enjoyed being home with the babies and I really wish I could stretch it out a little longer.  Like until they are all in elementary school.  At least I have the luxury of leaving them home with their Daddy.  Jack is great with them and he is looking forward to putting Finley on a schedule.  Lucky for me, work is only about 5 minutes away so I will be able to come home for lunch.  Jack will be on his own for about a month and then the big boys will be out of school for the summer. 

We have 5 very sweet boys.  I still can't figure out how we got so lucky but I am grateful everyday!

No comments: